Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Empty


I feel empty

As empty as that open cave filled with coldness and despair
That one that houses the most gruesome of bats
When the night falls my emptiness persists as they flee to feed.

I feel empty

As empty as that weightless bottle lying on the ground
No balance as my contents have been devoured
Eaten and gobbled by the hell hound  
As the wind blows me side by side I oblige
Because I feel empty
I am empty; my soul has gone missing inside me

Leaving me lonely as an abandoned elephant
Trampling the unknown soil of the Serengeti
Just wandering without any form of direction
Depressed and unstable just like it too
Because I feel empty

Am I really empty as I feel?
My pain just sucks up all the joy I have
“Please don’t go!” I appeal
She looks on and walks on as I plead
Rubbing on the anger that she has
And justifiably so I see
I seek her forgiveness even in the death of the soul
So that this emptiness could be filled
And my soul and hers could be one again

So the horizon could once more produce rain
And get rid of this pain.


By Vuyolwethu Dondashe © 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment