Monday, January 20, 2014

To my love

Bearing the gifts of the soul you came,
Making life a little better though lame.
Your caring voice rings as I write these rhymes
Knowing that your ear is not too far to hear the rhythm
The rhythm of my love for you.

Yes bouncy one as you have become known to my eyes
My love whispers in an angelic tone that only you can hear
That only you can feel
That only we can explain

And in cries I exclaim
As I learn of your pain
Yes the pain that you feel is one that I feel
The pain that only keeps us going
Day on, day in, day out

It is pain that we call life

So to my love, lean on me for your wounds are mine
Your laughter is mine
And your plight is what I carry

To my love as you rest tonight
Hear my cry for forgiveness
Hear my cry for joy
Hear my cry for love, life and for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment