Thursday, December 1, 2011

Reaction vs Pro Action

You know when we grow up they always tell us to be pro active and as a person whose first language is not English you wouldn't quite understand what they mean.

Until I started working I came accross that word quite often and I'd think to myself what it really means. So today I will talk about these two words.

As I now understand being proactive means to be on top of your game, that means you must know what problems might arise from a particular process and be able to put in your contingency plans as the situation requires.
Being reactional means you're not quite on top of it but you bearly manage to stay on top because you have the best reactional strategies.

You will decide which one your company uses, in the while I'll tell you what I think I would do if I was a strategist of a services company. I would rather be Proactive because I would not rely on my customers to tell me what flaws my company has, it would be constituted as laziness in my books.

Reactional companies are always able to stay on top because they have people that can handle any situation at any time, Good but not great. Call centres are very crucial game makers in the services industry and every CEO should always listen to what their customers have to say so that they can improve their game. Not by waiting to be told but by identifying problem areas before they are told.

I think it's that easy to be great.  It goes back to Management 101 or 111 - Do things right the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment