Monday, March 14, 2016

Naked and bare

My agony began as I bled tears of my heart,
Wallowing and wondering when it would end
The pain that ripped my heart open
Bare and naked my pride was
Naked and bare as I bled tears of my heart.

As the symphony of life played on,
My notes were stuck in that moment when our eyes met
It was a beautiful sound I could never forget
It was as though my thoughts were frozen in time.
And suddenly I began to move with the symphony of life
I had to face the music, my journey with you had ended
This, I thought while my pride was naked and bare.
Bare and naked as I bled tears of my heart.

My agony began when I heard the words
Words of destruction and nothing of building
It narrowed it down to the pain they were yielding
As I heard the words of destruction I was destroyed
My heart cried in silence and in darkness
My soul was now a wounded soldier
Hurt and heavy at the same time yet I had to carry on
All I wanted to do was to lie down and rest
But the music of the symphony of life was playing
I had to face the music, my journey with you had ended.

This, I thought as my pride was naked and bare.
Bare and naked as I bled tears of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment