Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Is Choral music in South Africa dying?

As a young musician who has been in the choral scene for most of my life, I am displeased at the lack of any choral association that is making a real difference in the lives of choristers. In my days I have had the pleasure of travelling to stages that I would have never been to had it not been for choral and opera music.

It has been almost two weeks since the concluding of the 23rd SATICA competition and we are yet to see the results or the performances of those publicised. It is almost a month left before the ECCMA competition begins and also in just two weeks the "seem to be the biggest choral event in SA" National chior festival will commence at the Monument in Grahamstown and yet we have not heard or seen anything relating to it in the media. Why is this?


No comments:

Post a Comment